Saturday, July 12, 2008

Search: Abortion Songs

Periodically folks come searching for "abortion songs". Here are ones I could find YouTube videos for. If you want a more comprehensive list, check here.

****

Ben Folds Five: Brick



Up the stairs to the apartment / She is balled up on the couch
Her mom and dad went down to Charlotte / They're not home to find us out
And we drive / Now that I have found someone
I'm feeling more alone / Than I ever have before ....

They call her name at 7:30 / I pace around the parking lot
Then I walk down to buy her flowers ....
Now she's feeling more alone / Than she ever has before ....

As weeks went by / It showed that she was not fine ....
She broke down, and I broke down / Cause I was tired of lying

Driving home to her apartment / For a moment we're alone
Yeah she's alone / I'm alone / Now I know it


*****

Flipsyde: Happy Birthday



Please accept my apologies, wonder what would have been
....
Think about it every year, so I picked up a pen
Happy birthday, love you whoever you woulda been / Happy birthday...
....
I've got a millon excuses to why you died
Bet the people got their own reasons for homicide
....
Now you've got a little brother maybe he's really you?
Maybe you really forgave us knowin' we was confused?
Maybe everytime that he smiles it's you proudly knowin' that your father's doin' the right thing now?
....
Think about it every year, so I picked up a pen
Happy birthday, love you whoever you woulda been / Happy birthday...

And from the heavens to the womb to the heavens again
From the endin' to the endin', never got to begin
Maybe one day we could meet face to face? In a place without time and space
Happy birthday....


*****

Kid Rock: Abortion



....So can I come to see you sometime / Cause I been missin you
I've never heard you cry I've never seen you whine / I'm feeling oh so young
But still I must die to get to you / And if I do I wonder how just you will see me
And implicate the things I've done / I'm diein in the shadows of this man I've never seen
I'll see you soon / Now where's my gun
....
You got me, sad and lonely / When I'm me...me
You know you make me so lonely / I am so alone
And I will pray and then I'll cry


*****

Sex Pistols: Bodies




....Dragged on a table in factory / Illegitimate place to be
In a packet in a lavatory / Die little baby screaming f***ing bloody mess
Its not an animal its an abortion

Body Im not animal / Mummy Im not an abortion....


******

Cold Chisel: Choir Girl



Lookin' like a Choir Girl / She's cryin' like a refugee....

One nurse to hold her / One nurse to wheel her down the corridors of healing....

Suffer little children / Suffer little children
Send a little child to me / Send a little child to me
All day the Doctor / All day the Doctor
He handles his responsibility....


*****

The Verve Pipe: The Freshmen



When I was young I knew everything
And she a punk who rarely ever took advice
Now I'm guilt stricken, sobbin' with my head on the floor
Stop a Baby's Breath and a shoe full of rice, no...

I can't be held responsible / 'Cause she was touching her face
I won't be held responsible / She fell in love in the first place
For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshmen

My best friend took a week's vacation to forget her
His girl took a week's worth of valium and slept
And now he's guilt stricken sobbin' with his head on the floor
Thinks about her now and how he never really wept he says

....

I can't be held responsible / 'Cause she was touching her face
And I won't be held responsible / She fell in love in the first place....

For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshmen....


****

Whitney Houston: Miracle



How could I throw away a miracle? How could I face another day?
Its all of my doing, I made a choice / And today, I pay
My heart is full of pain

How could you understand, the way I feel? How could you relate to so much pain?
Seems as though nothing can comfort me / So today, I pray
That someone should listen ....

How could I let go of a miracle? Nothing cold ever take its place
Thought I was looking, out for myself
Now it seems the pain / Is all that I have gained
I wonder if I could be your miracle / I wonder if I could spare you pain
Seems as though nothing will comfort me....


****

Tim McGraw: Red Rag Top



....Well the very first time her mother met me,
Her green eyed girl was a mother to be for 2 weeks
I was out of a job and she was in school,
Life was fast and the world was cruel
We were young and wild, we decided not to have a child
So we did what we did and we tried to forget
And we swore up and down there would be no regrets
In the morning light, But on the way home that night

On the back of that red rag top / She said please dont stop..
Lovin me

We took one more trip around the sun / It was all make believe in the end,
No I cant say where she is today / I cant remember who I was, back then
Well you do what you do and you pay for your sins / And theres no such thing as what might've been
....
I was stopped at a red light just yesterday beside a young girl
In a cabriolet and her eyes
Were green / I was in an old scene

I was back in that red rag top / On the day she stopped
Loving me....


****

Real cheery batch of ditties.

To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PENNY ROYALTY
PENNY ROYAL TEA



PENNY ROYALTY

CHRISTINA

PENNY ROYALTY

Christina Dunigan said...

As Bull would say, "Oh-KAY!"

Anonymous said...

who's Bull?

S

MoonChild02 said...

Don't forget "Christ Have Mercy" by The Thirsting.

See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4-gmpykw9o

Lyrics are here: http://www.thethirstingcatholic.com/lyrics.php?Index=3