This distancing attempt displays ignorance at best, and willful lying at worst.
We can not let the abortion-rights movement weasel away from the fact that although the National Abortion Federation did reject Gosnell's membership application, that didn't stop one of their member clinics from hiring him to work part-time at their facility.
at a NAF clinic.
This relationship can't be described as "outlier." It was "employee."
Baby Boy A, the baby that Gosnell joked was big enough to walk him to the bus stop as he was severing the child's spinal cord with surgical scissors. Gosnell had estimated the baby's age as nearly 30 weeks by ultrasound. A neonatologist who examined a photo one of Gosnell's employees had taken of the infant estimated the gestational age to be 32 weeks. Gosnell was convicted of first-degree murder in the child's death.
Sue suffered as well from being entrusted to Gosnell's care by the National Abortion Federation clinic. Her aunt, who had brought her for the abortion, said that when Gosnell discharged her, "She was moaning. .... She was like holding her stomach, doubled over."
All of this suffering, along with a newborn baby's murder, is a direct result of the actions of a National Abortion Federation member's decision to let Gosnell treat their patients. Responsibility rests with the Federation as well for not properly vetting members and requiring that they only hire trustworthy doctors.
This failure of the abortion-rights movement to detect, report, and shut down Kermit Gosnell is one of the many aspects of this debacle that needs to be brought strongly to the public's attention. This is why I'm asking my readers to contribute to GosnellMovie.com. This need only set you back $1 -- less than the cost of a bottle of water or a cup of coffee. But that contribution will send a powerful message that we are not going to stop until we've ended not only the silence, but the lies as well.
For more about why it's vital that this movie be made, read:
- Verified: Gosnell Got Snipping Idea at NAF Seminar
- Gosnell Clinic Even Nastier than Grand Jury Reported
- The Gosnell Patient Who Barely Escaped With Her Life
- Kermit Gosnell and the Milgram Experiment
- Gosnell: The One That Got Away & Hope for Others
- Gosnell and Viability: Where's the Line?
- Gosnell and Post-Viability Abortions
- Gosnell: Location Can Mean Misdemeanor vs. Murder
- Gosnell: The Grand Jury Convened
- Why "Gosnell" Must be Told: The Compton-Carr Effect
- "Snipping" and why the Left Must Silence Us on Gosnell
- Semika Shaw and Why the Gosnell Story Must be Told