Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sweeny Todd and James Parks

I watched Sweeny Todd last night. The sight of the meat grinder brought an image to mind.

I lost my original source document. But I still have my write-up:

Abortionist Curtis Stover filed an affidavit stating that he vomited after observing abortionist James Parks' method of disposing of aborted fetuses of 15 to 22 weeks gestation: he ground them up with a standard kitchen meat grinder and flushed the tissue down the sink. In a letter to the health department, Stover stated that Parks told him he had developed this method because the fetuses would "stop up" the toilet and because he did not want fetuses retrieved from the trash by pro-lifers. (Sources: letter by Stover dated 6-15-92, affidavit by Stover dated 6-15-92; Up The Creek 9-11-92; excerpt from Parks' deposition 2-4-91 Arapahoe County District Court Case No. 90CV432)


Stover described the flesh as coming out looking like "multiple tubes of pink toothpaste".

Fetus woes? Call Roto-Rooter!

Sometimes the damndest things just stick in your head. I had to look up Parks' name. I could only remember Stover. And the image of the multiple tubes of pink toothpaste.

No comments: