Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Searches: Fetuses of various ages, self-abortion, and pre-Roe, among others

  • 20-week fetus: How they're aborted, why they're aborted, and some examples of 20-week abortions. Including the searched-for George Tiller and how he does it.

  • I don't have the requested pictures of the New Woman All Women abortion mill in Alabama, but I do have this write up about it. It's a pretty seedy place.

  • Self-induced abortion remains a popular search. I don't recommend it. Unless you want to end up like Laura France, Kris Humphrey, Penny Roe, or Daisy Roe.

  • Anesthesia abortion: fatal

  • Abortion-related deaths pre-legalization. About 90% of pre-legalization abortions were done by doctors, either illegally or through loopholes in the law. Of the remaining 10% of pre-legalization abortions, about 8 out of 10 were performed by a nurse, midwife, or other person with some medical training, often with physician back-up. People with no formal medical training were a smaller percentage. And then even more rare were the self induced abortions, which tended to be seen more often in women with mental health issues who were already prone to other forms of self-harm.


  • Manar Maged was the twin who had her physically dependent "parasitic" twin sister Islaam removed.

  • I have so many cases of perforated uterus. I suggest going to the main RealChoice site and doing a search. I have cases that were fatal as well as cases in which the woman survived.

  • 18-week fetus

  • 13-week fetus

  • EMW Louisville, Kentucky: Here is info on a lawsuit filed against them on behalf on an underage girl that they performed an abortion on against her mother's express wishes, against medical advice, and against a restraining order -- resulting in the girl being hospitalized for sepsis. Their security guard got caught raping women on the premises after hours. And of course, EMW is a member of the National Abortion Federation.
  • 5 comments:

    Rachael S. said...

    Christina,
    I'm working on a page at my blog of resources for parents faced with an adverse prenatal diagnosis.

    In looking through resources, I have an issue, though. I would like to link to the Trisomy 18 Foundation because they are such a comprehensive support and information resource for parents, but their site also offers a small section of information on terminating the pregnancy and so I'm hesitant to link to them. Your advice, please?

    GrannyGrump said...

    If you can't find another Trisomy 18 site with as high a quality of information, just provide the link with a caveat that you do not endorse their presentation of abortion as an acceptable option.

    I recommend also linking to 99 Balloons.

    Rachael C. said...

    Oops, just realized I commented on the wrong post. Thanks for the advice and I forgot to provide a link to my post, if you'd consider linking to it here:
    Adverse Prenatal Diagnosis & Maternal Health Condition Information and Support
    http://rsnider.livejournal.com/3542.html

    GrannyGrump said...

    Here that is as a link.

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.