* Pain. This may be a sign of infection, injuries to internal organs, or undiagnosed ecopic pregnancy.
* Fever. This is a clear sign of infection and should not be ignored.
* Bleeding heavier than a period. This can be a sign of retained tissue or of internal injuries.
* Foul smell. This is a sign of infection or possible bowel injury.
* Blood in the urine. This is a sign of injury to the bladder or other organs of the urinary system.
* Passing tissue or fetal parts. This is a sign of incomplete abortion, which can cause excessive bleeding, infection, or fatal clotting disorders.
* Nausea. Can indicate continued pregnancy or damage to the bowels.
* Weakness, dizziness, fainting. Can be a sign of any number of problems.
* Still "feeling pregnant", or failure of periods to resume. Can be a sign of continued pregnancy -- perhaps an ectopic pregnancy.
If the abortion facility will not provide you with aftercare, go to the hospital or your usual doctor. If you have no insurance, contact local prolife groups, which have been known to pay the medical bills of abortion-injured women. Don't let the clinic's assurance that all is well dissuade you. Too many women have died because the clinics told them everything was normal: