Showing posts with label taxpayers. Show all posts
Showing posts with label taxpayers. Show all posts

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CA prolifers rally against tax-funded abortions

California Pro-Life Advocates Rally at Capitol Against Tax-Funded Abortions

California pro-life advocates participated in a rally today at the state capitol to protest state taxpayer funding of abortions. The state spends more than $33 million to pay for the abortions of poor women even though main abortion business Planned Parenthood brought in $1 billion in revenue last year.

The Coalition for Women and Children was one of several groups to help organize the event and it said California shouldn't be funding abortions in the middle of a budget crisis.

....

"The women and children of our state need services, not abortions," the group continued. "Abortions hurt the women who have them and deprive us of the children who are our legacy."

Twenty-five other groups participated in the rally, including the California Prolife Council, California Right to Life, the Capitol Research Institute, Catholics for the Common Good, Concerned Women for America, Democrats for Life of California, Latinos 4Life, Lutherans for Life and many others.

....

Sympathetic legislators followed with their pledges to do what they could to halt the funding and two post-abortive women shared how their abortions destroyed their lives.....


Not to mention how these tax-funded abortions destroyed the lives of Sharon Hamplton (pictured, left, with son) and her family.

And the lives of Diana Lopez (pictured, right, with her children) and her family.

And these are just the deaths where coverage mentioned that the abortion was taxpayer-funded. Since public-pay patients suffer a higher rate of complications than private-pay, I have no doubt that there are plenty of others where the state has bought death for a woman at taxpayer expense, all to fill the cofferes of seedy abortionists.

For more abortion deaths, visit the Cemetery of Choice:



To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anniversary: Planned Parenthood patient bleeds to death after abortion

Diana Lopez, age 25, was 19 weeks pregnant when she went to a Planned Parenthood for an abortion on February 28, 2002. She was 19 weeks pregnant. Before the day was over, Diana had bled to death. She left two sons, 4-year-old Frankie and 2-year-old Fabian, motherless. The taxpayers of California paid for the fatal abortion, courtesy of Medi-Cal.

After the abortion, Diana had been rushed by ambulance to County Women‘s Hospital, where a hysterectomy was performed and Diana was given five units of whole blood in a futile attempt to save her life. The autopsy noted that Diana had hemorrhaged from a perforation of her cervix. Diana‘s husband, David, filed suit, alleging that the abortionist‘s haste caused severe lacerations that killed his wife. The suit says that Diana‘s abortion was rushed through in ony six minutes, although Planned Parenthood‘s own web site says such a procedure should take 10 to 20 minutes. The lawsuit also blames Planned Parenthood for proceeding with an abortion even though her hemoglobin levels were abnormally low prior to the procedure.

The family‘s attorney also noted that in 2000, the same Planned Parenthood rushed another woman though a similar 6-minute abortion, lacerating the patient‘s cervix, rupturing her uterus, perforating her sigmoid colon and causing the loss of 2 liters of blood. Planned Parenthood also delayed three hours before transferring the patient to a hospital. Fortunately, this patient survived her ordeal. A review of Los Angeles County civil cases indicates that this patient was probably Kimberly Thomas, who sued on April 19, 2002, after her abortion by Joseph Marmet. Kimberly‘s suit was one of roughly 50 filed against the Los Angeles Planned Parenthood from 1983 to 2002. The medical board took no action against Marmet.

The medical board took no action against Diana‘s abortionist, Dr. Mark Maltzer, either. However, the California Department of Health Services investigated the facility and cited Planned Parenthood for (links are to cases with similar issues at Planned Parenthood):

  • Failing to institute a necessary change in medical protocol relating to the use of laminaria (used to expand the cervix) in the dilation and evacuation procedure.
  • Lacking the evidence to show a completed assessment of the competency and credentials of the physician who carried out the abortion.
  • Inadequately advising against a potentially dangerous second-trimester D&E procedure based on low hemoglobin levels.
  • Failing to follow proper surgical abortion policy and procedure by administering Cytotec to the patient on day one of the two-day abortion procedure, when policy requires it to be administered 90 minutes before the abortion procedure.
  • Failing to inform Planned Parenthood‘s governing body of any adverse outcome related to patient care within the facility.
  • Failing to notify the Health Department of a patient's death within 24 hours of the occurrence.
  • Keeping incomplete records describing the services provided to Diana Lopez.


The fact that the Planned Parenthood has made "corrections" to satisfy the state does not satisfy Diana‘s family. "It was wrong. It was wrong," said Judy Lopez, Diana‘s older sister. "She was healthy. She was fine."

For more abortion deaths, visit the Cemetery of Choice:



To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bled to death after abortion at Planned Parenthood

Diana Lopez, age 25, was 19 weeks pregnant when she went to a Planned Parenthood for an abortion on February 28, 2002. She was 19 weeks pregnant.

Before the day was over, Diana had bled to death. She left two sons, 4-year-old Frankie and 2-year-old Fabian, motherless. The taxpayers of California paid for the fatal abortion, courtesy of Medi-Cal.

After the abortion, Diana had been rushed by ambulance to County Women‘s Hospital, where a hysterectomy was performed and Diana was given five units of whole blood in a futile attempt to save her life.

Diana‘s autopsy noted that Diana had hemorrhaged from a perforation of her cervix.

Diana‘s husband, David, filed suit, alleging that the abortionist‘s haste caused severe lacerations that killed his wife. The suit says that Diana‘s abortion was rushed through in ony six minutes, although Planned Parenthood‘s own web site says such a procedure should take 10 to 20 minutes.

The lawsuit also blames Planned Parenthood for proceeding with an abortion even though her hemoglobin levels were abnormally low prior to the procedure.

The family‘s attorney also noted that in 2000, the same Planned Parenthood rushed another woman though a similar 6-minute abortion, lacerating the patient‘s cervix, rupturing her uterus, perforating her sigmoid colon and causing the loss of 2 liters of blood. Planned Parenthood also delayed three hours before transferring the patient to a hospital. Fortunately, this patient survived her ordeal.

A review of Los Angeles County civil cases indicates that this patient was probably Kimberly Thomas, who sued on April 19, 2002, after her abortion by Joseph Marmet. Kimberly‘s suit was one of roughly 50 filed against the Los Angeles Planned Parenthood from 1983 to 2002. The medical board took no action against Marmet.

The medical board took no action against Diana‘s abortionist, Dr. Mark Maltzer, either. However, the California Department of Health Services investigated the facility and cited Planned Parenthood for:

* Failing to institute a necessary change in medical protocol relating to the use of laminaria (used to expand the cervix) in the dilation and evacuation procedure.
* Lacking the evidence to show a completed assessment of the competency and credentials of the physician who carried out the abortion.
* Inadequately advising against a potentially dangerous second-trimester D&E procedure based on low hemoglobin levels.
* Failing to follow proper surgical abortion policy and procedure by administering Cytotec to the patient on day one of the two-day abortion procedure, when policy requires it to be administered 90 minutes before the abortion procedure.
* Failing to inform Planned Parenthood‘s governing body of any adverse outcome related to patient care within the facility.
* Failing to notify the Health Department of a patient's death within 24 hours of the occurrence.
* Keeping incomplete records describing the services provided to Lopez.

The fact that the Planned Parenthood has made &quo;corrections&quo; to satisfy the state does not satisfy Diana‘s family. "It was wrong. It was wrong,"; said Judy Lopez, Diana‘s older sister. "She was healthy. She was fine."

For more abortion deaths, visit the Cemetery of Choice:



To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.