1. Contact your local CALL office, or DHS office (if the CALL is not yet set up in your county).
2. File a background check and begin filling out the adoption/ foster packet, completing all tasks listed.
3. Attend Foster/ Adopt Pride classes through local CALL (2 weekends) or DHS (1x per week for 10 weeks).
4. Attend CPR/ First Aide training class. (1 Saturday)
5. Let your local CALL or DHS know you are ready for your homestudy.
Now you are ready for DHS to match you with a waiting child!!
There are approximately 500 children in Arkansas foster care (all range of races and ages) right now, ready for adoption.
If this works to get Arkansas kids out of foster care and into loving families, maybe, God willing, other states will follow suit. Adoption shouldn't be limited to those families with funds enough to pay tens of thousands of dollars for the process.