Sunday, February 07, 2010

See the scary anti choice hatemonger woman-enslaving ad! Now with embedded high quality video

Here it is -- the first one, anyway. The dreaded Tim Tebow Superbowl Ad. The horrible, terrible, scary, woman-enslaving, life-endangering, hate-mongering, despicable ad.
 
PAM TEBOW: I call him my miracle baby. He almost didn't make it into this world. I remember so many times when I almost lost him. It was so hard. Well he's all grown up now, and I still worry about his health. Everybody treats him like he's different, but to me, he's just my baby. He's my Timmy, and I love him. TIM TEBOW: Thanks mom. Love you too. The ad closes with a message encouraging viewers to visit FocusOnTheFamily.com.
Now comes the full-blown Super Bowl ad -- the one that will cause havoc to break out in households all over America, that will cause otherwise loving families to break out in shooty, stabby violence:
   
 It's virtually identical to the first one, only in this one instead of giving his mom a hug, Tim tackles her. Maybe for embarrassing him by calling him "my baby" and "my Timmy" in the first ad. Does anybody have some wet-naps for the apoplectic abortion advocates to wipe the egg off their faces? All this time they've been screaming about the hatemongering antichoice message, which turns out to be a mom saying of her son: "He's my Timmy, and I love him!" 

Update: Even The Daily Kos, hardly a bastion of moderation, noted that the ad "had about as much as controversy as an episode of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood", and "has left feminist groups looking like extremists who want to suppress the speech of those who don't agree with them." Note to Daily Kos: It didn't leave them looking that way. It exposed them as being that way. 

And while we're on the topic of scary, hateful things that people just shouldn't be subjected to because they're just so controversial, check out this site with amazing intrauterine video. Wow! I mean, "How horrible! Women might see that and decide not to have abortions! We must keep it under wraps! Women can't cope with such horrors!" Here are a few short snippets of the terrible, controversial information that women should be protected from. Abortion is readily available on demand in all states in the US through the following developmental milestones:
  • Heart and circulatory system
  • Brain waves
  • The rapidly growing brain
  • Response to touch
  • Hand movement
  • Hiccups & startle response
  • The developmental period
  • Ovaries identifiable
  • RIght- and left-handedness
  • Spontaneous movement
  • Reflexive movement
  • The embryonic period
  • End of embryonic period
  • Kidneys produce urine
  • Breathing motions
  • Motion and sensation
  • Uterus is identifiable
  • Sucking and swallowing
  • Fingernails and toenails
  • Unique fingerprints appear
  • Intestine absorbs glucose and water
  • Taste buds
  • The rooting reflex
  • Response to touch
  • Tooth development begins
  • Quickening
  • Hormonal stress response
  • Circadian rhythms
  • Responds to sound
  • Skin and hair
  • Age of viability  This is the point of development in which some states begin to restrict the availability of abortion. You can find a lot of information about why these abortions are performed in Late abortions: A retrospective of posts.
  • Blink-startle response
  • Sense of smell
  • Eyes produce tears
  • Flavor preferences 

  • UPDATE: Now some moonbats are claiming that because Tim tackles his mom, the ad celebrates domestic violence! I guess the same people who think women are too fragile to cope with seeing an ultrasound also think women can't take a bit of friendly roughhousing with their kids, either. Or is the point that they think women should stick with traditional gender roles, and leave the roughhousing to the men? Do they think that Tim should have brought his mom some nice sparkly pom-poms so she could be a nice little sideline sitter? 

    FURTHER UPDATE: The Prestigious Doritos and Beer in the Logic Circuits Award goes to The Nation! Here's a sample of the unmitigated moonbattery:
    As for the ad, Pam Tebow speaks about the choice to ignore her doctor's advice and risk her own life.
    Actually, she never mentions it.
    ... Focus on the Family, an organization which stands unequivocally for the view that other women should be denied Pam Tebow's choice ....
    Um.... Focus on the Family has long stood for giving every woman the right to make Pam Tebow's choice -- the choice to have a live baby instead of a shredded one in a biohazard bag. You'd think that the abortion lobby invented childbirth! How did humanity -- indeed, mammals of any species -- manage to propagate until the abortion lobby came along and granted the right to give birth? 

    YET ANOTHER UPDATE: The Spittle Squad hasn't had sense enough to shut up and lay low until it all blows over. NARAL is pitching a hissy fit via email:
    Last night, despite weeks of objections from pro-choice Americans across the country, Focus on the Family aired a 30-second ad in front of an audience of 100 million viewers to promote their anti-choice agenda.
    Um... can anybody pinpoint the "antichoice" aspect of the Tebow ads? PAM TEBOW: "He's my Timmy, and I love him!" NARAL: Antichoice! Antichoice! 

    What? They're afraid other women might be inspired (excuse me, brainwashed) to love their kids, too? As if that's the most nefarious and unnatural thing in the world -- for a mother to love her kid, even when he's all grown up. 

    The message I've been getting from the continued Spittle Squad spraying is: 

    1. Pam Tebow is dangerous because she might inspire other women who are being pushed into unwanted, unnecessary abortions to question their doctors and get second opinions. Evidently "feminist" thought on this is that women ought not to worry their pretty little heads. They should just shut up and do what the doctor chooses for them. Strong willed women should only pursue their own goals if those goals involve undergoing abortions. Women who reject abortion are bad role models.

    2. Tim Tebow is dangerous because he doesn't respect traditional gender roles. He roughhoused with his mother. On national TV no less! Other sons might think it's okay to roughhouse with their mothers! We all know that only dads can roughhouse with their kids! Moms should just shake pom poms and bake cupcakes! This is evidently "feminist" thought. Violating gender roles regarding roughhousing constitutes "domestic violence". 

    In summary: Women are fragile, delicate little bits of fluff who can't think for themselves or handle a little horsing around with their grown children. Um... What happened to "Trust Women" and "Defend Choice"? Or do they only apply when the woman is choosing abortion?

    9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Christina,

    I loved your quote at Jill's today. And I love your blog. With your permission, I'd love to add it to my blog roll.

    Let me know.

    God Bless,

    Gerry Nadal

    Christina Dunigan said...

    Add away! I'm glad you like it.

    WKen said...

    Wow ...

    Having watched those videos, I think that I need to go be violent. I mean, the upbeat little ditty, smiling mom and son ... pretty shocking stuff.

    Or maybe I'll move that laundry to the dryer like my wife asked before I go to bed.

    One or the other.

    Seriously, the quote from "The Nation" is beyond stupid. They can't argue with the results ... unless you're not actually "pro-choice" and are, in fact, pro-abortion.

    But no one is pro-abortion, right?

    OperationCounterstrike said...

    I think the fuss about the superbowl ad is overblown. Then again I'm not a football fan. I like ONE-ON-ONE sports. Boxing, Sumo, Tennis.

    Christina Dunigan said...

    I like sports with an artistic component -- gymnastics, figure skating, acrobatic ski jumping, diving, etc. But I don't mind football. I'll watch it with friends and even enjoy it. But I don't seek it out.

    Christina Dunigan said...

    I like sports with an artistic component -- gymnastics, figure skating, acrobatic ski jumping, diving, etc. But I don't mind football. I'll watch it with friends and even enjoy it. But I don't seek it out.

    Tonal Bliss said...

    I enjoy watching basketball and my LA Lakers the most. I also do enjoy football but just not as much.

    OperationCounterstrike said...

    GG, my problem with the "artistic" sports is, grading them is too subjective. There needs to be something tangible you can point to and prove you deserve to win.

    Like, say, an opponent who can't walk any more. Hard to argue with that!

    Christina Dunigan said...

    There are still objective criteria. Did the skater/ski jumper/gymnast perform the required moves? Did he/she perform them properly? How many mistakes were made? What was the level of difficulty of the elective moves the athlete did?

    There are judgment calls in a lot of sports. That's why people scream at referees and umpires!