Prolifers are responding with a corresponding "#LifeMatters" blog and tweetfest on the same dates.
Of course, if you know me, you know that I'll be joining #AbortionMatters with messages to get people past the idea that if they don't plan to avail themselves of abortion, it doesn't effect them.
Between now and the blog/tweetfest I'll be preparing blog posts with information about why the abortion culture hurts people who don't think abortion will touch them:
- Women who face health problems during wanted pregnancies and end up not being offered life-affirming options.
- Women who face a prenatal diagnosis and are pressed to abort their wanted babies.
- Family members who lose wanted children, siblings, grandchildren, nieces and nephews to abortion.
- Families who lose a beloved daughter, mother, sister, or wife to botched "safe and legal" abortions -- either through death or because those loved ones are left permanently incapactitated
- Men who marry post-abortive women and then are left to help their wives through the damage that an abortion has done.
- Bystanders who end up caught up in the drama of a woman collapsing from a botched abortion.