Thursday, February 02, 2006

A beautiful rescue: A woman leaves the abortion business

I'll give you these posts in the order in which they were written, so that you can see what a little love can do:

Monday, November 14, 2005: Talked to Clinic Worker! She wants to leave. Pray for DJuana.

Jacque was calling the clinic to find out when they were going to be open:
DJuana: How far along are you?

Jacque: Oh, I'm not pregnant. I come and pray outside your clinic on the days you kill babies.

DJuana: So you're a protestor.

Jacque: No, I'm a pray-er. I don't protest. I know you guys don't like me much. (*nervous laughter*)

DJuana: I don't dislike you. You pray for our patients?

Jacque: I pray for everyone.

DJuana: What do you pray? I'm not so sure I want someone praying for me if I don't know what they're praying.

Jacque: I pray for the patients and everyone that works there that they would stop killing babies and that the would come to know Jesus because He is the only way to be saved.

DJuana: I don't kill babies. I'm just doing my job.

....

Jacque: My prayer for you is that you would find a job that doesn't involve killing babies at all.

DJuana: Do you have one?

Jacque: Are you serious? I can find you one. What would you like to do?

So Jacque gave the clinic worker her phone number.

Friday, December 2, 2005: Update on the Clinic Worker...
I don't want to violate her privacy, but I have had extensive phone conversations with Dawanna (it's spelled) and she and I have dinner plans on Saturday night. We spoke for over an hour this past week and she shared some details about what goes on inside that nausiated me.

I wanted to offer all an update and say that she is seriously thinking of leaving and will hopefully have a new job soon.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006: DaWanna is OUT!
I got a call from DaWanna and she has chosen to leave the abortion clinic. She's decided to go to graduate school and make a clean break from Texas. I helped her do some packing on Saturday. I love her so much and I'm going to miss her.

Our prayers were for God to open a door for her where He would have her to go. I explained that God doesn't bless disobedience. So instead of expecting a nice new job or scholarship to lure her away from the clinic, God needed her to just say, "No. God hates this. I love God and I quit." That's what she did. She had no other jobs or idea how she was going to survive, she just said no.

Right after that doors flew open wide, and God gave her exceedingly abundantly above her dreams. When I went to help her pack, her mother was there. She said to me that DaWanna told her how we met (I on the sidewalk and she in the clinic), how she wanted DaWanna to leave, and that angels are in strange places sometimes. I thought that was a sweet thing to say.

I am filled with joy that she is no longer participating in the destruction of innocent life and that she is fufilling God's plan for her life. She's studying divinity and family ministry and will without a doubt do amazing things for God.

It's amazing that I found this right after I started prompting calls for how to do outreach to abortion workers for Abortionists' Day. We need to turn it into National Day of Rescue for Abortion Workers.

No comments: