LDI notes the following:
- Lynn was 23 weeks pregnant when she was injected with saline by Dr. Edward Rubin at Jewish Memorial Hospital.
- The first injection of saline failed to kill the fetus, so Lynn was given a second injection.
- After this second dose, Lynn went into contractions and slipped into a coma.
- She died March 23, 1979 of a pulmonary embolism of amniotic fluid.
- She left two children motherless.
LDI Sources: "Fatal Pulmonary Embolism During Legal Induced Abortion in the United States from 1972-1985, Lawson, Herschel W., MD, Atrash, Hani K., MD, MPH, Franks, Adele L., MD, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vol. 162, No. 4, April 1990, p. 986-990; New York County (NY) Supreme Court Docket No. 4492-81