Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Why I Can't Attend a Methodist Church

When I first moved to the area where I live now, I went to Yahoo! Local looking for churches near my new home. My choices are Methodist, Methodist, Methodist, Methodist, Methodist, Catholic, and Mennonite.

That's one of the things I hate about this area -- how thoroughly saturated it is with United Methodist Churches.

What do I have against Methodists? They're proud founding members of the "Religious Coalition for Abortion Rights", an umbrella-group of idolaters. I'd as soon go to a Black Mass as go into a Methodist church. It's a visceral thing, a total revulsion. "Abortion rights" and Christianity are antithetical. Look at the nauseatingly heretical and downright Satanic things people say to justify embracing abortion as a "Christian" thing. It all boils down to ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME with no room for even one's own child, much less room for God.

Abortion is anti-Scriptural, anti-life, anti-love, anti-God.

I can look around at all the wonderful ministries local Methodist congregations have going, but there's always that undercurrent of "But you're cool with KILLING BABIES." Not to mention supporting organizations that lie to women and endanger their lives in order to gain money and political clout by killing babies. That's not something that I can just casually overlook. It's a big honking deal. It's big a deal as if the Catholic Church had responded to the pedophilia scandal with twisted justifications of child molesting and actually promulgated position papers on why the choice to molest children should rest in the conscience of each individual priest and that his choices as a moral agent needed to be respected as holy. At least by covering the abuse up they were showing that they still knew that it's wrong. As inexcusable as the cover-ups were, they were straightforward sin, they were ordinary human sin, ordinary human evil, not an embrace of evil as a right sanctioned by God.

</>soapbox

No comments: