Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ignorance is not bliss. Stop this Orwellian bill!

Dems Push Another Fake ‘Fair’ Bill That Will Kill Online Science Research Publishing

In a nutshell -- as I understand it -- the bill wants to prevent federally funded scientists from publishing their research findings anyplace but in expensive scientific journals that the layman has little or no access to, thus effectively preventing the public from knowing anything abut the research their tax dollars are paying for.

Here's the bill.

Read more about it:

  • Is NIH Public Access Mandate In Danger?
  • House Hearing on "Fair Copyright in Research Works Act"
  • The Fair Copyright in Research Works Act is a lot of things, but fair ain’t one of them
  • Fair Copyright in Research Works Act Challenges Federal Funding

    I have to leave for work so I don't have time at the moment to research this myself. I'll get back to it later.
  • No comments: