Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick commentary on Kermit Gosnell

I'll link to Jill's summary, and let you know I've been transcribing and summarizing Grand Jury documents. This guy's a major piece of work. He even creeps me out, and given what I've seen over the past quarter century, that's saying a lot.

But the thing about Gosnell is that he's such an all-around ghoul, quack, and creep. I've seen similar behaviors in other abortionists, but Gosnell took it all, blended it, and raised it to a whole new level.

I wish I could stay home today to finish up the analysis, but I can't. Suffice to say my projects include:

1. A better write up of the circumstances surrounding the death of the patient he's been charged with murdering.

2. A better write up of the deaths of the seven specific babies he's charged with murdering.

3. Commentary on his "bizarre" and "off the wall" behaviors -- which are just a gigantic conglomeration of things I've seen elsewhere, refined and elaborated, with whipped cream and a cherry, as it were.

4. An investigation into whether or not he was working for a National Abortion Federation member in Delaware.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm looking forward to that!

L. said...

I have to say, I am an ardent abortion rights enthusiast, and the case creeps even ME out.

OperationCounterstrike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OperationCounterstrike said...

The Grand Jury's report is shocking reading. But I disagree with one of their recommendations: that abortion clinics be licensed and regulated as ambulatory surgical clinics.

ASC regulations and licensing should be for clinics where the doctors cut into the patients. In the large majority of abortions, this does not happen. You don't cut the patient; you just peel a layer of endometrium off the inside of the uterus. That does not justify regulating clinics where only first-trimester abortions are done as ASCs.