Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So, if the WIFE had wanted the fetus for a good-luck charm, would it have been okay?

Man killed wife for 'lucky' lotto foetus

A man in Laos murdered his pregnant wife with an ax so he could make a good luck charm from the fetus, whose ghost will now supposedly tell him lucky lottery numbers.

Now, if the wife had agreed to the scheme, and had sought an abortion so they could make a good-luck charm from the fetus, is this adequate grounds for abortion? If so, how about pregnant women voluntarily becoming fetus-factories to churn out fetuses to abort and turn into good-luck charms to sell? Would the age of the fetus factor in?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the baby he had killed is gonna feel inclined to help him out with lucky lotto numbers because...smh. Disgusting.

secularprolife.org said...

I read that article and thought the exact same thing! Just when you thought that the unborn couldn't be dehumanized any further...

Christina Dunigan said...

spl, I'd say he pretty effectively dehumanized his wife with an ax, too.

L. said...

If a man thinks a fetus can tell him stuff, I think we need to factor mental illness into this case.

It's also safe to say that even ardent supporters of abortion rights (like me) think fetal/embryonic remains should be disposed of properly. I made earrings out of my own wisdom teeth, but I have to say it just didn't occur to me to have my embryo cast in bronze to wear as a good luck charm. Ick!