Sunday, May 22, 2005

Blogger observes at abortion facility

I came across this blog entry looking for abortion-related bloggings. This blogger was "observing" at an abortion facility as part of an internship for school.
Needless to say I was very unprepared for what I was going to witness.  They preformed 14 abortions in just one day and I witnessed only 2 of them.  .... I was to be the support person for the woman having the abortion, the first woman ... was in so much pain it was overwhelming for me to stand there and watch.  I didn't really know what to do, and I kept thinking I needed to stay there for her, but at the very end I couldn't do it.  I thought I was going to passout.  I was losing my vision and my head was getting heavy, so I left the room and sat down in the hallway.  The second abortion I witnessed, the woman was 7 weeks along, she was so strong I couldn't believe it.  I didn't have the same reaction with her as I did the first.  I know I chose this internship to challenge myself.  I think that it will be far more challenging than I had ever imagined.  Right now I am just reflecting on the experience and I feel that I may need to decide if this is the kind of challenge that God is going to get me through...I want to be able to make a difference, but I'm not sure if I will be able to in that environment.

I asked her what was so disturbing. I'll be checking back with her.

No comments: