Sunday, February 19, 2006

wondinna and friends still dont' get it

wondinna: freak comments on my L_J

Wondinna, who posted about the "die-in", started a new thread on her Live Journal:
freak comments on my L_J
Just in case you think your journal's are only being read by friends...they aren't. An anti-abortionist left a comment on my L_J saying that we should talk about real deaths because of abortion.

I clicked on the links and they were links about women who died as a result of their abortions.

All the more reason to assure MEDICALLY SAFE access to all women.

First, it's interesting to note that to wondinna, anybody who cares if women actually survive their safe-n-legal abortions is, by definition, a "freak." Well, Johnny Eck was called a "freak" too, so I'm in good company!

Wondinna's friend, grlcalledremedy replied to wondinna, "i'm super excited about being dead with you this week."

I reminded grlcalledremedy that the real victims aren't very excited about being dead, and that their families aren't really happy, either. I suggested, "Maybe you ought to start caring about real women who are dying instead of hypothetical women who might die.

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. it's a chosen life-style for the reality-impaired.

No comments: