Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blog roundup: Whose choice?

JivinJehoshaphat: Whose "choice" is this?
JJ quotes Jasmine's struggle with her boyfriend's pressure to abort:
When we agreed yes to keeping it one afternoon, we talked about naming the baby, what the baby would look like...complexion, eyes, nose, hair..and then the rest of the day would go by...and nothing would be talked about..then he woke me up that night to tell me that he doesn't want to keep it...because he's not ready to settle down....

Later that afternoon as I was taking him to work we argued at the fact that I said I'm keeping the baby...and he was giving me the guilt trips...after a few mins...he agreed to keeping the baby again...and then...the next morning..after he dropped me off at work..he went to an abortion clinic...talked to a counselor...and then came back to me with paperwork that its okay to have an abortion....

Doesn't she just sound so empowered!

*****

Pro Life Blogs examines today's episode of Starting Over, in which a woman copes with her abortion:
The show tried its best to support "choice," but the grief this woman feels is heartbreaking testimony to the effects of "choice."

After writing a goodbye letter to her "little one," Jodi breaks down. She said she pictured this "pretty package" that would be her life after the abortion, but that wasn't what she ended up with.

"I realized the pretty package doesn't matter. I'd do anything to have that child now," she said, then broke down sobbing.


*****

With "National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers" coming up March 10, it's nice that Birth Story posted a link of Ex-Abortion Workers: Why They Quit. We ought to do a concurrent "Outreach to Rescue Abortion Workers" on March 10.
"And as I brought out the rib cage, I looked and I saw a tiny, beating heart. And when I found the head of the baby, I looked squarely in the face of another human being--a human being that I'd just killed. I turned to the scrub nurse and said, "I'm sorry." But I just knew that I couldn't be a part of abortion anymore."

....

"The baby's little fingers were clasping and unclasping, and his little feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the [surgical] scissors in the back of his head, and the baby's arms jerked out...
The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening, and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby went completely limp.
I was really completely unprepared for what I was seeing. I almost threw up as I watched Dr. Haskell doing these things....
The woman wanted to see her baby, so they cleaned up the baby and put it in a blanket and handed it to her. She cried the whole time. She kept saying, "I am so sorry, please forgive me." I was crying, too. I couldn't take it."

....

"I counseled these women so well; they were so sure of their decision. Why are they coming back to me months and years later--psychological wrecks?"

....

"I took speed while I was at work. And I smoked marijuana, drank lots of alcohol....this is the way that I coped with what I did. It was horrible to work there, and there was no good in it."

*****

Nathan Sheets reviews Why No Health Exception.

*****

Birth Story is putting together a pregnancy health list by country, state, and possibly area.

No comments: